Upcoming SMAC Events
To get more info on an event or purchase tickets, click on the event listing below.
Don’t forget to check out our Affiliate Organizations. Our Affiliates help keep the Arts alive and vibrant.
Jan 16 – More JAM Students on SMAC-Tube! and on the SMAC JAM Page
About the Smith Mountain Arts Council
The Smith Mountain Arts Council (SMAC), established in 1989, is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization and serves a large geographical area around Smith Mountain Lake. The service area includes but is not limited to Franklin, Pittsylvania and Bedford counties. Many SMAC activities draw participation from surrounding towns such as Roanoke, Lynchburg, Martinsville, and beyond.
The Smith Mountain Arts Council (SMAC) brings together the arts and the communities surrounding Smith Mountain Lake. It fosters participation in and enjoyment of the visual, performing and literary arts. It is committed to educational outreach.
Arts and Community: Create, Celebrate, Connect
- Create: SMAC provides a platform for area residents to express their creativity. Through its activities and affiliates, it encourages people with similar interests to come together and support each other. It nurtures educational programs to provide opportunities for students to unlock their creativity.
- Celebrate: SMAC activities provide multiple opportunities to bring people together to celebrate the arts and interact with artists.
- Connect: SMAC connects the arts with the community and attracts visitors from surrounding areas. It helps make the arts accessible to everyone.
- President – Dianna Weiner
- Vice President – Sheridan Brown
- Interim Secretary – Diane Ryan (Non-board member)
- Treasurer – Marty Bowers
- Art Show – Marita Cheney
- Lake Players – Anne Motley
- Lake Writers – Al Inhoff
- Lakeside Singers – Karen DeBord
- Newsletter – Matt Karris
- Photo Club – Rich Miller
- Photo Show – Kathryn Orth
- Publicity – Dianna Weiner
- Scholarship – Kathleen Riordan
- Webmaster – Larry Sakayama
- Membership – Sheridan Brown
- Special Events & Prod. Manager – Joe Yarbrough
- Jr. Appalachian Music Youth Program – Jim Mullins